Automated External Defibrillator: AED
Did you know there are 10 “A-E-D’s” in St James?
An AED, or automated external defibrillator, is used to help those experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. It's a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use, medical device that can analyze the heart's rhythm and, if necessary, deliver an electrical shock, or defibrillation, to help the heart re-establish an effective rhythm.
These life-saving devices are not that complicated to use. Instructions are included inside the carrying case and come complete with pictures and voice prompts.
So, where are the AEDs located? Here’s the list:
• Players Club Sports Center – on the wall near the restrooms
• Founders Club House – foyer adjacent to the men’s rest room
• Players Club House -- just outside the men’s rest room
• Members Club House – near rest rooms on the main floor
• Members Athletic Club – in the hallway across from the indoor swimming pool
• Waterway Park – in the men’s rest room
• Founders Club Tennis Complex – behind the front desk on the wall
• Signature Fitness Center – to the right of the front desk on the wall
• Reserve Club Golf Shop – near rest rooms
• St. James Beach Club – inside foyer in rest room area
If you need an AED just lift them out of the storage box, open the carrying case, and follow the instructions. You could save a life.